The mission of the JISD Teaching and Learning department is to continually develop, evaluate, and refine a district curriculum that is aligned to state standards; provides meaningful experiences and differentiation to support engaging learning environments for all students; and incorporates research-based, best practices that lead to increased student learning outcomes.
Foster the development of the knowledge, skills, leadership, and critical thinking that will prepare students for future success.
- Create and maintain a curriculum that aligns state standards, instruction, and assessment.
- Ensure equity of high-quality instruction and resources for all students
- Facilitate student centered classrooms
- Promote learning experiences that support the development of 21st Century Skills
- Provide research-based professional development to teachers to support increased learning outcomes for students
- Provide coaching support to teachers to support effective, research-based strategies
- Develop campus leadership to support effective instructional practices and build learning cohorts
- collaborative learning
- differentiated instruction
- high expectations
- problem solving
- computational thinking
- productive struggle
- critical thinking
- balanced literacy
- formative and summative assessment
- meaningful discourse