In 2017, the Jarrell community overwhelmingly approved a bond proposal in the amount of $54 million to provide a new elementary school, as well as additions and improvements at Jarrell Middle School and Jarrell High School.
Here are highlights from the February Bond Report Card:
Igo Elementary School - Opening Fall of 2019
- Groundbreaking was April 16, 2018
- Project is 60% complete
- Projected to be $3.8 million under budget
Jarrell Middle School Additions - Opening Spring of 2020
- Construction began in October 2018
- Project is 27% complete
- Projects in on budget
Jarrell High School Additions & Renovations - Opening Fall of 2020
- Construction began February 2019
- Multi-phased project includes sitework, classroom addition, auditorium addition and renovations to cafeteria and library
- Projected to be $2.2 million over budget. Costs overrun due to additional scope to address drainage and utility deficiencies and additional auditorium space.
With savings from Igo Elementary, overall bond program is projected to be $1.5 million under budget.