Jarrell ISD is hosting Pre-K and Kindergarten Round Up on Thursday, May 9 from 2 - 7 pm at Jarrell Elementary School (1615 CR 313 in Jarrell) for students who will attend Jarrell Elementary School and Igo Elementary School next fall.
To qualify for Pre-K in Jarrell ISD, a child must be 4-years old on or before Sept. 1, 2019 AND meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English proficiency.
- Family income falls within guidelines set by the state to receive free/reduced meals.
- Foster or adopted
- Proof of Medicaid or Food Stamps
- Star of Texas Award: The Child of a person eligible for the award as:
- A peace officer under section 3106.002, Government Code;
- A firefighter under section 3106.003, Government Code;
- An emergency medical first responder, under section 3106.04, Government Code
- Military: the child of a member of the armed forces of the U.S., including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, or the child of a member who was injured or killed during active duty.
To qualify for Kindergarten in Jarrell ISD, a child must be 5-years old on or before Sept. 1, 2019.
Parents and guardians should bring the following documents in order to register their child for Pre-K or Kindergarten:
- Original birth certificate (not hospital issued copy)
- Original Social Security Card
- Updated immunization records (must be up-to-date on shots)
- Driver’s license or valid ID of parent or guardian