State law requires school attendance between the ages of 6 and 18. A child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten. To enter first grade, a child must be 6 years of age on or before September 1.
Document Requirements (K-12)
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Proof of physical residence
- Proof of parent income (for Pre-Kindergarten students only)
- Transcript from previous school
- Immunization record
The Jarrell Independent School District will offer an instructional program for eligible 4-year olds.
- Four years old on or before September 1
- Limited English language proficiency
- Income within guidelines for free/reduced meals (proof of income required)
- The child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed during active duty. Includes uniformed service members Missing in Action (MIA)
- Fostered or adopted
- Documents listed above