Parents and community members wishing to contact the school Board regarding a specific school, teacher or child, are encouraged to begin at the level closest to the concern. The Board requests students and parents discuss their concerns and complaints through informal conferences with the appropriate teacher, principal or other campus administrator. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level.
• Step One: Contact the teacher, coach, guidance counselor, etc.
• Step Two: Contact the principal. (If you have a school-wide concern, this becomes Step One.)
• Step Three: Contact the District office responsible for the area of concern.
• Step Four: Email the Superintendent who will begin an investigation.
• Step Five: Email all the Trustees on the Board.
If an informal conference regarding a complaint fails to reach the outcome requested by the student or parent, the student or parent may initiate the formal process described in the following policies:
Even after initiating the formal complaint process, students and parents are encouraged to seek informal resolution of their concerns, and they may withdraw a formal complaint at any time if a resolution has been reached.
Neither the Board nor any District employee shall unlawfully retaliate against any student or parent for bringing a concern or complaint.
Citizens wishing to express themselves regarding school district policy, boundaries, finances or other responsibilities of the Board which have not been placed on a regular agenda are encouraged to use one or more of these alternatives.
• Contact the appropriate school department.
• Speak at the Public Comments section held during each Board meeting.