The Jarrell ISD Board of Trustees consists of seven Board members elected to serve, without compensation, for overlapping terms of three years each. Elections are conducted annually in November. While candidates run for specific places, they do not represent specific geographical areas; rather, each represents JISD at large. The school board election for Place 2, Place 3, and Place 6 is scheduled for November 7, 2017.
Candidate Application Forms and Reports
Candidates may pick up a packet from the Jarrell ISD, Central Office, 312 N. 5th Street, Jarrell, TX 76537 or by calling 512-746-2124 after July 22, 2017 during regular office hours. The deadline to file for a Place on the election ballot is August 21, 2017 at 5 p.m. See the attached “Notice of Deadline to File”.
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to a Texas school board if he or she:
- Is a United States citizen;
- Is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- Has not been determined by a final judgement of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Had not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- Has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date: the date of regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot; for a write in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- Satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office;
- Be a qualified voter
Texas Association of School Boards
Texas Ethics Commission